[linux-elitists] how many Linux programmers are out there

Martin Pool mbp@samba.org
Mon May 31 18:56:48 PDT 2004

On 31 May 2004, Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> wrote:
> Teh Entar-Nick <nick@teh.entar.net> writes:
>
> > begin  Sean Neakums  quotation:
> >> Last time I checked, there was a CVS gateway, written and hosted by
> >> BitMover, and a Subversion repo built from that.
> >
> > 	Ha ha Subversion.
> >
> > 	"For the low low cost of tying everything to apache 2.0, we'll
> > fix a couple of CVS's old bugs!"
>
> Umm, subversion isn't tied to apache at all...

It depends on libapr, so "not at all" is wrong.

What Nick says is a pretty accurate description of the original
Subversion proposition a few years ago.  Later they realized it
wouldn't be accepted.

--
Martin