[linux-elitists] how many Linux programmers are out there

Joakim Ziegler joakim@avmaria.com
Mon May 31 15:04:43 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 15:22, Mister Bad wrote:

>     BN> Umm, subversion isn't tied to apache at all...

> This is true. Any WebDAV server that supports the Subversion
> extensions can be used for svn.

> ha ha Subversion.

I use Subversion without a WebDAV server at all, using the svn+ssh
protocol. It works pretty much exactly like using cvs over ssh. I even
do this on a server that has Apache 2 installed for other reasons,
because I don't particularly want to mix those two things, and
authentication and login over ssh is something I know well.

--
   The Private Joakim Ziegler - Not Speaking For Anyone But Myself
    joakim@avmaria.com - http://www.avmaria.com - rdgzt@Undernet