[linux-elitists] how many Linux programmers are out there

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Sun May 30 07:30:33 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 08:58:15AM +0300, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 10:52:02PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > Hm, here's something I wrote in the first issue of Red Hat Magazine
> > (Open Sources it's called I think) about the development effort for the
> > 2.6 kernel that gives a better view about these kernel developers and
> > what they do:
>
> Do you have the raw data? I'm curious how many I got :-)

If you have a bk repo of the kernel tree you can get the raw data
yourself with:
    bk -R prs -rv2.5.0 -rv2.6.0 -h -d'$unless(:MERGE:){:P:\n}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

To change it to see how many merges people do, change the 'unless' to
'if'

Remember, if you used Rusty's trivial patch monkey or Andrew Morton to
get your patches to Linus, then they will not show up under your name
with that line.

Have fun.

greg k-h