[linux-elitists] IANAL, TINLA

Mikael Pawlo mikael@pawlo.com
Wed May 26 15:10:59 PDT 2004

At 1:48 PM -0400 5/26/04, Mister Bad wrote:
>Anyone who's spent any reasonable amount of time around intelligent
>people on the Innurnet knows that "IANAL, TINLA" means "I am not a
>lawyer, this is not legal advice." We use these terms when discussing
>legal issues.

TINLA is relevant if you are indeed a lawyer, because of different bar association regulations.

IANAL is relevant if you want everyone to know that you are just slashdotting unresearched opinions, otherwise not. This is probably why everyone is using it all the time. No time is wasted doing research before submitting advice on the Internet. The practice without a license-defense would require people to know that they need a license, which they do not know, since they did not do their research. IANAL, baby!

Well, just my 0,02 Euros anyway and TINLA .-)

Best regards,

Mikael

mailto:mikael@pawlo.com
http://www.pawlo.com/