[linux-elitists] Two on RFID from Politech: Hack the tech, & amp; Gilmore's dystopia

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Tue May 11 10:51:36 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 13:30, Derek Vadala wrote:
> Greg Folkert said:
>
> > On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 10:42, Derek Vadala wrote:
> >> Certainly you should not be held accountable for running into people
> >> with your car.
> >
> > SO THEN, you are saying that *no matter what* you should be held
> > accountable.
> No.

The what are you saying about this accountability? Hmm?

> > So, could you come by my house and let me know what you car looks like
> > so I can push my China Cabinet in front of you while you are driving
> > past, maybe even throw my mother in front of you.
> I take public transit, but if you provide the car and fly me to your city
> of residence, we can arrange something. Though I'm not sure what you have
> against your mother, or your _china cabinet_.
Long and complicated story involving a trip to New York, my mother, a
horse, the china cabinet, an Oracle database, a TRS-80, 2 Praying Mantis
and a Jumbo of Pabst Beer.

Well, it all started... oops sorry, I don't have enough time to tell it.

> > Oh, wait, you are talking automobiles, let me pull out in front of you
> > from my driveway a sec.
> I think that Donnie was referring specifically to auto-to-auto accidents,
> but you would have to ask him.
Yes, I believe you are correct there.

>  You are free to hit whatever you like, of
> course.

Of course, but since you gave me permission, you are being held
responsible... for... for... <voice style="Dr. Evil"><gesture
hand="right" finger selection="pinky" part="tip" dest_part="mouth"
location="corner" side="right">One Million Car homicides! Ewwwhahahaha!
HAHA! HA!</gesture></voice>

/me is starting to think about writing a VSS rfc for e-mail readers.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup