[linux-elitists] The First-Ever Installfest in Egypt (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Gustaf Erikson gustafe@home.se
Tue May 4 02:40:46 PDT 2004

Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:

> Their messaging on Linux - thanks to jschwartz - is abominable, but they're
> having some really great successes with Java Desktop System. If they manage
> to do the right thing by themselves *and* the community, they'll do very
> well out of it. They certainly have a massive head start on Novell and Red
> Hat.

So you cannot recommend the messaging service? We are looking for an
upgrade of our own hacked-up-beyond-all-recognition Cyrus setup here,
and Sun have been on us selling this solution.

Opinion is that we should be able to manage our own mailserver for ~30
people, and if the considered opinion of the elitists is that Sun
Messaging sucks, that is what we will do.

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson *  mobile 0733387618 * http://www.symbiandiaries.com/gustaf