[linux-elitists] SCO to buy its own stock

Brian McGroarty brian@mcgroarty.net
Thu Mar 11 08:11:51 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:37:22PM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> I couldn't make this stuff up.
>
>   http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040310/law104_1.html
>
> SCO, which, of course, has lots of spare cash rolling around, is going to
> dump up to $15 million into buying its own stock.

The conspiracy theorist in me suspects that they want a tool at the
ready to stop any pending crashes, now that the stock's threatening to
slide back under $10. As soon as there's a definite downward trend,
they may be done for. If they can buy when it pitches downward and
sell when things are climbing, they'll normalize the level at the
bit. This, at the expense of acting like the world's most incompetent
investor -- buy high, sell low!