[linux-elitists] A plea for relief from Microsoft's escalating anti-competitive tactics

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Wed Mar 10 10:53:54 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, David Mohring <heretic@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 05:58, Don Marti wrote:
> > begin David Mohring quotation of Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 03:12:09AM +1300:
> >
> > > A plea for relief from Microsoft's escalating anti-competitive tactics.
> >
> > Can you go plead somewhere else?  It's conduct unbecoming
> > an elitist.
>
> Last month while doing some contracting work for my former employer,
> they had a visit from a Microsoft sales droid attempt to push an upgrade
> for their win98se desktops to XP. At the moment around 48 of the
> desktops are running RH9 + StarOffice in a successful trial and since
> late 2001 all the file, domain and print servers are samba hosted on RH.
> I listened in but kept quiet as the sales person rolled of lines of
> anti-Linux FUD. Nothing that we had not heard before until about the end
> of the spiel where the salesperson stated "If you stick with Linux on
> the desktop or desktop services you are going to run into unsolvable
> compatibility problems with the next generation of Microsoft Office
> documents and XP". "what do you mean by "unsolvable"?" the IT manager
> asked. The salesperson was quiet for a moment and then stated "There
> will be legal issues".

Thanks, David.

I say: Write up your account, make out an affidavit, get it notarized, and
send it to the group which is fighting on this front against the
Englobulators.

If there is no such group, please help start one.

http://www.windowsrefund.net

We are going to court to get the Refund Clause of the EULA enforced.  We
have our lawyer, we have a good case, and we are now gathering money for
filing fees.

oo--JS.