[linux-elitists] Free software in newspapers

Joakim Ziegler joakim@avmaria.com
Tue Mar 9 14:08:27 PST 2004

I'm looking for case studies, anecdotes, success stories, etc. for using
free software in publishing the online edition of newspapers. I've done
work in that area myself, in two of the largest newspapers in Norway,
but sadly, customers here in Mexico wouldn't really recognize any of
those names. Something in the US, UK, Germany, Spain, or similar would
be best.

We're mostly talking about bringing an existing paper edition online
using free software here; replacing the systems used for producing the
paper edition is secondary (although they might be interesting as part
of a complete package).

Anyone have ideas, pointers, people I could talk to, etc.?

--
   The Private Joakim Ziegler - Not Speaking For Anyone But Myself
    joakim@avmaria.com - http://www.avmaria.com - rdgzt@Undernet