[linux-elitists] Caldera/SCO sues Autozone, Daimler-Chrysler

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 4 23:40:10 PST 2004

on Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 06:10:58AM -0500, Matthew W. Miller (mwmiller@columbus.rr.com) wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:52:28PM +0000, Geoff Lane wrote:
> >On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:37:22PM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> >> Darl said that, with minimal changes, that suit could be filed
> >> against any Linux user, whether they were ever an SCO customer or
> >> not.
> >So why didn't they pick a well known Linux user such as Google or a
> >University installing a big Beowulf? Of all the possibilities discussed
> >in Groklaw, AutoZone and Daimler-Chrysler didn't rise to the top.
>
> Oh, but they did!  Google is known mostly to Internauts; Beowulf
> clusters, mostly to Slashdotters.  Daimler-Chrysler is known to *the
> general public*.  Crucial difference.

The general public isn't following this case.

Hell, Editor Ed whatshisface of one of the MSFT idolatry PC mags (can't
remember if it was eWeek or PC Magazine) was explaining breathlessly on
the Vallejo-SF ferry last year how the SCO case didn't exist in his
world.  Though I believe they've actually showed a smidge of interest
since.

Something else is cooking.  Halloween X and the BofA Word reveal are of
interest.  And word from a friend (teasing bastard) is that there's more
going on with that.  All shall be revealed (and no, don't ask, I don't
know).

Peace.