[linux-elitists] Content and its discontents

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 4 20:33:53 PST 2004

On 04-Mar-2004, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> begin_ Ben Finney  quotation:
> > Through fear of dependence on creators of works, and through fear of
> > the established idea- and culture-sharing memes, they dragged along
> > a model they understood: distribution of fungible material items,
> > packaged nicely.  Since they were seeing themselves as a shipping
> > business, the poorly-understood stuff inside the containers is
> > referred to as the "content".
>
> 	Oh I see yes that is novel and original hmmm zzzzZZZZZZZZZ...

Well, that's pretty much my point; it's *not* novel or original, it's
trying to apply an existing business model where it doesn't fit.

--
 \          "I spent all my money on a FAX machine. Now I can only FAX |
  `\                                       collect."  -- Steven Wright |