[linux-elitists] Windows refunds continue to occur.

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Wed Mar 3 22:48:55 PST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, J. Paul Reed <preed@sigkill.com> wrote:

> On 03 Mar 2004 at 10:03:08, Nick Moffitt arranged the bits on my disk to say:
>
> > 	People still send me windows-refund stuff now and again.  I thought
> > 	this one was more encouraging than most.
>
> I'm still wondering if anyone has tried the credit card method I outlined
> some time ago.
>
> I didn't have time to screw with it when I got my laptop two years ago, but
> I never found anyone able to explain to me why it *wouldn't* work.
>
> Later,
> Paul

We hope to move various Refund Actions ahead within the month.  There is
something called the Internet Commons Congress which will meet in
Washington DC on 24 and 25 March 2004.  We will present the case for
concerted action at the ICC.

If anyone has a careful account of a refund refused, please send it to
info@windowsrefund.net.  Also, if you never ran the Microsoft OS that came
on your new-purchased computer, but did not apply for a refund because you
suspected that getting the refund would not be worth the annoyance, please
send a careful account of this.  We will attempt to bring these stories of
absurd and long continued abuse before the FTC, the Justice Department, the
judge, and state and local consumer affairs regulatory bodies.

oo--JS.