[linux-elitists] Caldera/SCO sues Autozone, Daimler-Chrysler

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 3 14:43:17 PST 2004

on Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:37:22PM -0700, Jonathan Corbet (corbet@lwn.net) wrote:
> > Neither of these suits appears to be based on any copyright or trade
> > secret provisions, but is Caldera/SCO suing its own customers based on
> > contract clauses.
>
> That is true of the DaimlerChrysler suit.  From what was said in the
> conference call (disclaimer: statements made in the conference call may
> have no relation to any sort of reality experienced outside of the Darl
> Zone), the AutoZone suit includes copyright charges.  Darl said that, with
> minimal changes, that suit could be filed against any Linux user, whether
> they were ever an SCO customer or not.
>
> What we really need, of course, is the actual complaint.  Then we'll see if
> SCO is alleging <errno.h> violations or something new and equally
> ridiculous.

Quite.  With the specific infringed files conspicuously noted.

> I posted some other conference call notes over here:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/74061/.  These calls are getting to be more fun as
> the press begins to wake up.

Cool.  Hopefully Groklaw's transcripting this as well (/me having put in
his duty...)

Peace.

    Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky in the morning,