[linux-elitists] Caldera/SCO sues Autozone, Daimler-Chrysler

Jonathan Corbet corbet@lwn.net
Wed Mar 3 11:37:22 PST 2004

> Neither of these suits appears to be based on any copyright or trade
> secret provisions, but is Caldera/SCO suing its own customers based on
> contract clauses.

That is true of the DaimlerChrysler suit.  From what was said in the
conference call (disclaimer: statements made in the conference call may
have no relation to any sort of reality experienced outside of the Darl
Zone), the AutoZone suit includes copyright charges.  Darl said that, with
minimal changes, that suit could be filed against any Linux user, whether
they were ever an SCO customer or not.

What we really need, of course, is the actual complaint.  Then we'll see if
SCO is alleging <errno.h> violations or something new and equally
ridiculous.

I posted some other conference call notes over here:
http://lwn.net/Articles/74061/.  These calls are getting to be more fun as
the press begins to wake up.

jon