[linux-elitists] Notify about using the e-mail account.

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci@redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 09:43:12 PST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 staff@zgp.org wrote:
> Dear  user of "Zgp.org"  mailing  system,
>
> Your  e-mail account  has been temporary  disabled because of unauthorized  access.
>
> Please,  read the attach for further  details.
>
> For security reasons attached file is password  protected. The  password is "32477".
>
> Sincerely,
>     The Zgp.org team                             http://www.zgp.org

Geez, this new virus is just pure evil. The social engineering aspects are frighteningly
really well thought out:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.d@mm.html#technicaldetails

It's days like this that I am glad I don't have to deal with windows - wait, that's every day :P

--
Matthew Galgoci
System Administrator