[linux-elitists] Notify about using the e-mail account.

Modus Operandi modus@as220.org
Wed Mar 3 10:04:08 PST 2004

In the immortal words of J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu>:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:56:33 -0800
> Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> wrote:
>
> > Not to my knowledge.  I'm looking through headers and the Mailman
> > config right now.  Anyone else have any ideas here?
>
> Forged SMTP envelope.

  Maybe the answer is in the IMPORTANT MESSAGE attached to the original
  mail! Luckily, for security reasons, they TOLD US THE PASSWORD!

  *sigh*

  It's depressing that such kindergarten social engineering actually
  works -- and it must be working pretty well, because I'm still getting
  a steady trickle of MyDoom/Novarg worms.

  Don, did you find any new evidence in your logs?

--
/home/modus/.signature