[linux-elitists] Pet Peeve of the Day

The Robber Of Zork robber@zork.net
Mon Jun 14 22:00:37 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 00:21, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:

> > Fuhrer does not translate as "communicator."
>
> 	No, but the reason he was given the title was because of his
> ability to communicate their platform so, er, charismatically.  I hear
> he got that skill from his time as an actor.

Despicable word games! There was no contemporary usage of "communicator"
that conveyed Hitler's skill at fiery, charismatic political rhetoric.
He was dubbed "leader" because he used this skill to take control of
several fractious elements then contending for power. See, among many
others,

http://smoter.com/defuhrer.htm

And, as Moen might say, "We're done."

--