[linux-elitists] network filesystem (not Samba nor NFS)

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox.com
Mon Jun 14 09:43:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 04:47:28PM +0000, wuonm wrote:
> Hi,
> I will implement the GFS
> (http://www.cs.rochester.edu/sosp2003/papers/p125-ghemawat.pdf) but
> until I save enough money to stay at home writing it, and assuming
> Google will not open-source soon, I'll try some alternative.

GFS isn't a filesystem at all, in the Unix sense.  Certainly not a NFS
replacement.

-- Nathaniel

--
So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we