[linux-elitists] Walmart $168.00 PC

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Sun Jun 13 12:12:12 PDT 2004

    DS> Does anyone have any experience with the Microtel SYSWM5010 PC
    DS> with AMD Duron 1.6 GHz that Walmart is selling for
    DS> 168.00. Since I have no idea what's inside I was just
    DS> wondering if chipset and devices are supported under 2.6
    DS> kernel.

Don't they come with Sun Javur Desktop pre-installed or something?

      http://wwws.sun.com/software/javadesktopsystem/faq.html#2q1

The kernel's from SuSur Linux Desktop 1.0, which has... 2.4.19. So,
uh... I dunno.

    DS> I'm thinking of getting a couple for my network servers. They
    DS> have everything I need except a HDD :-))

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet deal.

~Mr. Bad

--
        we should be glad to serve others by any invention of ours."
        -- Ben Franklin