[linux-elitists] Linksys router and GPIO or serial port?

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Wed Jun 2 15:10:44 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 14:19, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> Jim Richardson wrote:
> > As it stands, if your landline goes down, say, lightning takes out the
> > pole by your house, you're screwed until the phone co comes out and
> > fixes it. That's the nature of a hub and spoke system like POTS.
> > However, with sufficient wireless coverage, if your box dies, your
> > neighbors box is close enough for you to piggy back on. That's the
> > nature of an overlapping cell system.
>
> <nitpicking>If lightning take out the pole by your house, you are
> probably out of power too.  That most probably mean inoperative WiFi
> equipement, unless you had the foresight to get a UPS or some way to
> power your rig with battery.</nitpicking>

Dear SIR:
I am in DIRE Straits, as *I* seem to be the only one with this
infomoronmation. I am contacting you due to the unusual circumstances
surrounding my *NOW* MISSING* electrical power. I submit to you that I
have a tidy foresight to written all this down with used electrons being
kept in my UPS ( Universal Postal Service ). I AM IN POSESSION OF
PEN-TEE-UMM TOO THREE HUNDRED MILLION HERTZ PROCESSOR ( US 300,000,000 )
WITH FIVE HUNDRED TWELVE MILLION BYTES of RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (US
512,000,000 ) AND NINE HUNDRED TWENTY BILLION BYTES of COLD HARD STORAGE
( US 925,000,000,000 ). HERE IS MY OFFER TOO YOU, I WILL GIVE YOU A
BROKERS FEE OF FIVE HUNDRED FORTY MILLION BYTES OF COLD HARD STORAGE (
US 540,000,000 ) WHEN WE HAVE TRANSFER ALL OF THIS BILLIONS THROUGH YOU
BANK ACCOUNT. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU I NEED A CERTIFIED COPY OF YOU
SIGNTURE, YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBERS FOR YOU BANK AACOUNT, A POWWER OF
AUTOTORNEY, ALSO, IRA MEMBERSHIP RECORDS.

IF YOU ARE BLESSED ENOUGH TO GIVE ME ALL THES INFOMORONMATION, I WILL
GARANTEED YOU WILL BE ARE SURPRISED AT OUTCOME.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup

BTW: THIS IS A HUGE JOKE. For those of you that have NO humor in life