[linux-elitists] Linksys router and GPIO or serial port?

Mike MacCana mikem@cyber.com.au
Tue Jun 1 19:46:33 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 12:19, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Etienne Goyer">
>
> > Off course, I am going to trust a ramshackle network built on
> > consumer-grade equipement, running a best-effort protocol over a medium
> > sensitive to interference and managed by your Average Joe for my telephony
> > needs ...
>
> Of course, I am going to trust a ramshackle operating system built on free
> consumer-grade compilers, running a best-effort security regime over a wide
> open network and written by pimply, undergrad coders for my enterprise
> computing needs...

I don't really think that describes Linux at its current state.

And yeah, if you wanted to use Linux for 'enterprise computing' (which
seems to consist of running a big Oracle box) in 1993 I wouldn't
recommend it.

Mike