[linux-elitists] New Kernel Dev model...

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Fri Jul 23 19:41:53 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 12:15:56AM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:

> > Late 2.5, and all of 2.6 development is done radically different than
> > 2.4 was.  Basically, we are going to continue to do nothing differently,
> > other than pointing out to the world, that we are operating quite
> > differently than people really think we are.
> [snip]
>
> To be honest Greg, this one actually made more dent in convincing me
> than the other reply. Thanks to Mike to bring out the "Best" in all of
> us.

Well, thanks to this list for making me think this whole thing through
better.  As promised, here's the slides that I presented (they are
pretty sparse, as I hate presenters who just read the whole slide and do
nothing else...), but I think the main point comes across:
	http://www.kroah.com/linux/talks/ols_2004_kernel_devel_talk/

greg k-h