[linux-elitists] rsync hacks (fwd from kragen@pobox.com)

Sam Phillips sam@dasbistro.com
Mon Jul 19 10:59:54 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004, at 13:44 EDT, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> Sam Phillips wrote:
> > See, what we need is a way for a single process (or process group) to
> > behave like it has noatime set when it runs.  That one process would never
> > adjust the atime and all of the other processes on the system would
> > remain normal.
>
> Filesystem snapshot ?

True.  That would be the best way to do it.  I haven't looked into what
it takes under linux to have something like that recently though.

My previous statement was the result of trying to think of the sickest
way possible to acheive my result.

--
Sam Phillips <sam@dasbistro.com>          http://www.dasbistro.com/~sam/
San Francisco                                                 California