[linux-elitists] rdp, ica, vnc, X

Julian Romero julian.romero@gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 02:45:33 PDT 2004

> > It seems they are a bit more complex for what I need. I don't plan to
> > have a X server available on the client.
>
> A pity - X servers are pretty small these days (they fit on a floppy if
> you have one)

Yes, but the target device will be a device with very basic
hardware/features. No floppy at all.
But I take note just in case next release of the device support a X server.

By the way, in case of having more powerful hardware, there isn't any
Java approach of this problem? Java seems to be quite popular in pda's
and cell phones these days.

j.r.