[linux-elitists] Re: Which Linux distribution is the most powerful?

The Robber Of Zork robber@zork.net
Sat Jul 3 14:57:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 19:38, Mister Bad wrote:

> Now things are getting kind of intriguing. I want to know about *BSDs,
> weird Linux distros, whatever you got. It'd be interesting if things
> stayed around 3-4%. There might be some kind of universal power
> principle at work here.

OpenBSD 3.5:

bear:wingnut {86} grep -r '[Pp]owerful' /usr/ports/*/*/*/DESCR |wc -l
      52
bear:wingnut {87} ls -lR /usr/ports |grep DESCR |wc -l
    2302

...which gives 2.26%

My FreeBSD machine is too feeble to crank the grep...

Perhaps in the transfigured night of ALL-FREE STUFF with the revaluation
of all values these POWER percentages will become INVERTED and ve vill
CRUSH sickly weakling operating systems! VE KNOW VERE YOUR CHILDREN
LIV!  ACHTUNG!

--
Beware The Frumious Robber Of Zork