[linux-elitists] Re: Which Linux distribution is the most powerful?

mbp@sourcefrog.net mbp@sourcefrog.net
Fri Jul 2 16:21:20 PDT 2004

On  2 Jul 2004, Tom Duffy <tomduffy@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 15:38 -0400, Mister Bad wrote:
> > Now things are getting kind of intriguing. I want to know about *BSDs,
> > weird Linux distros, whatever you got.
>
> ha ha gentoo
>
> deedeed root # emerge search powerful

ha ha tomduffy: you searched for applications whose name contains
'powerful', which would surely indicate breathtaking hubris.  What you
want is

  emerge -S powerful | grep -c available
  43

Of course this does take 30 seconds to run...

--
Martin