[linux-elitists] So...who's been google-hacking?

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 29 21:40:24 PST 2004

on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:03:26PM -0800, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:

> If you want to help Google users understand a company, please
> learn from the example of people who had something to say about
> McDonald's, Home Depot, or Starving Students Movers.  Or SCO.

Example, of which I'm somewhat proud.

My words to the "CSR" from my bed for the night -- a highly
uncomfortable corner of San Francisco International Airport:

   I'm only one person, and I have limited influence, but I've got a web
   page which carries somewhat more weight than it has any right to, and
   I'll use it in a way that will cost you far more than the price of a
   hotel room [my request for delaying me on both legs of my journey,
   and causing me to miss my last transport 45 miles to Napa for the
   night].

My humble rant still turns up in the first page of results for America
Trans Airlines (aka ATA):

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/ata-sucks.html

I can only hope it's helped others avoid my pain.

Using a sig-line rotator (I use signify for this purpose) to toss out
your URLs to various archived lists and such also helps.

Peace.

    - Benjamin Franklin, 1755