[linux-elitists] Groupware servers

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 28 14:35:41 PST 2004

Quoting Tom Duffy (tomduffy@dslextreme.com):

> Ok, since it wasn't mentioned in either the Linux Magazine article or
> here on l-e, I figure I should give a plug to Sun Java System Calendar
> Server.*

Not a complaint, but I figured it should be mentioned that supported
platforms for English-language releases are:

HPUX 11i
Solaris SPARC v. 8 & 9
MS-Windows 2000

On the other hand, it might merit picking up an old SPARC box, if you
need a reliable iCalendar (RFC 2445), iTIP (RFC 2446), and iMIP (RFC
2447) daemon.  The software is super-cheap.

I hadn't added it to my Web site's list of scheduling software because
of the lack of Linux platform support, but on reflection it merits
mention.

--
Cheers,             "Don't use Outlook.  Outlook is really just a security
Rick Moen            hole with a small e-mail client attached to it."