[linux-elitists] Groupware servers

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Tue Jan 27 18:49:54 PST 2004

> have you looked at Bynari's stuff?
> <http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/4099/1/>

I've tried bynari's stuff several times, it just does not work well for me
and the biggest problem was that it made me use THEIR mail server -- I am
quite happy with the scalability and flexibility of qmail and vpopmail.
Finally, IIRC (it's been a while now) their calendar/groupware elements
were all proprietary and they didn't seem keen on giving me total access to
my data.

That was, incidentally, the same basic problem with SuSE's solution.  That
and it was completely web-based, and the web system sucked ass.  :-(

Regards,
Andrew