[linux-elitists] The desktop in your pocket

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Tue Jan 27 18:36:06 PST 2004

> We've replaced an SX6000 driving six disks here with Linux software
> RAID on cheap PCI IDE cards, and are getting significantly better
> performance. We also now get helpful software errors when something
> goes wrong, rather than an irritating beeper that you have to reboot
> to shut up. And our AGP graphics card works again.

Stay away from the TX4000 as well; it's got four IDE ports but looks like a
SCSI card to linux.  No SMART monitoring for you!

Oh, and Promise seems to think that "Linux Support" means binary driver.
Blech.

I hear that 3Ware's stuff is *much* better.

Regards,
Andrew