[linux-elitists] The desktop in your pocket

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Tue Jan 27 03:27:32 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 02:28:41AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
>Quoting Jim Richardson (warlock@eskimo.com):
>
>> Pretty much. I've taken to carrying a USB keydrive, (128MB) with 64MB of
>> it for storage of data, and 64MB for a Flonix install, and "Damn Small
>> Linux" CD which fits in my wallet.
>
>Small preference here (when booting from CD media) for Damn Small Linux:
>It's quite a livable system.  Of course, Flonix reportedly excels with
>flash media.

Yeah, Flonix is nice. Even on the systems that don't boot from USB.

>> The keydrive of course, goes on the keychain. SSH keys, (with
>> passphrases I have memorised) and info go on the Keydrive.
>
>Info should include known_hosts2, don't forget.

of course :)

>My bitsy 32MB flash drive is too small for Flonix, but still can boot a
>Debian installation kernel, drivers, and installer RAMdisk, with the
>base system fetchable onto target systems via http.  Hasn't been needed
>yet, but it's nice to have.  http://d-i.pascal.at/

The minimum for Flonix is 64MB IIRC, it works well with half of the
128MB keydrive in any case.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART!