[linux-elitists] The desktop in your pocket

Gary Sandine linux-elitists@laclinux.com
Sun Jan 25 16:49:02 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 17:30, D. Joe Anderson wrote:
> Ones using xinerama, perhaps?

I'm not sure what "address internal and external displays separately"
means.  I have used Xinerama, clone, and "traditional" dual head modes
in laptops with ATI M6, M7, M9, and M10 chips, and with various NVIDIA
Go chips.  With Xinerama, one gets displays :0.0 and :0.1.  In clone
mode, one gets :0.0 at each head.  In "traditional" mode, one gets
displays :0.0 and :1.0.

AFAIK doing multi-head with an NVIDIA chip requires NVIDIA's binary
driver.