[linux-elitists] The desktop in your pocket

Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Sun Jan 25 14:58:08 PST 2004

>Jeff Kinz wrote on Sunday, January 25, 2004 9:00 AM
>> maOn Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 07:08:02AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>> > One of the points I made in recent desktop discussions was that
>computer
>> > platforms in the near future may emphasize portability over performance
>> > -- my ideal platform would fit in my pocket, yet support a display and
>> > keyboard when at a workstation.

See www.oqo.com.  It's a full PC in a form factor that's close to PDA sized.
It plugs into a docking station that allows it to function as a desktop
computer.

(Disclosure - Azure Capital Partners is an investor in OQO.)

Larry