[linux-elitists] Laptop that doesn't suck?

Thu Jan 22 14:48:12 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:57:31AM -0800, Ben Woodard wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 17:41, Jason Spence wrote:
> > That's a good point.  What happens if SGI loses all their juicy
> > Hollywood contracts and, having nothing left to lose, pulls a SCO?
> > Perhaps we should all demand SGI workstations at our sites :)
>
> Gees that is a scary point I hadn't thought all the way through yet.
>
> What does it say in the ancient art of war, Paraphrasing heavily (it has
> been a LONG time and I've read SO MANY eastern philosophy books since
> then):
>
> "Beware of an enemy that doesn't have anything left to loose." (The
> inference is that nothing matters anymore and so he's much less rational
> and more determined.)
>
> "Never grind you enemy until he has nothing left to loose. For he will
> not hesitate in the face of danger."

Or maybe SGI will surrender to NVidia via a buyout, eliminating the
problem entirely :)

--
 - Jason           Last known location:  3.2 miles northwest of Union City, CA

It is now 10 p.m.  Do you know where Henry Kissinger is?
		-- Elizabeth Carpenter