[linux-elitists] cdparanoia patches to deal with copy crippled music discs

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 19 21:27:50 PST 2004

On 20-Jan-2004, Mike MacCana wrote:
> It seems the vast majority of music recently released in (offline) is
> in the form of a copy protected disc. I'd strike a blow for fair use
> and return them if I thought it'd make a difference, but since most
> people don't (yet) care, I don't think it will.

If everyone waits for "most people" to do something, how will anyone
ever do it?  Go get your money back.  It sends a message, in aggregate.
Advise your friends to do the same, and it aggregates quicker.

--
 \       "You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he |
  `\                      was glad to get rid of it."  -- Groucho Marx |