[linux-elitists] Laptop that doesn't suck?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Jan 19 20:56:50 PST 2004

begin Greg KH quotation of Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 02:05:20PM -0800:

> You are saying that NVidia has code that infringes on another company's
> IP in their closed source module?  Oh, that makes me feel even better...

I asked them about this, and the answer is basically that they know
there are a hell of a lot of graphics patents out there, hardware
and software, valid and invalid, and if they published driver source
it would make it easier for a patent holder to make a case, bogus
or not, against them.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software