[linux-elitists] good Linux distro for a n00b

Tom Duffy tomduffy@dslextreme.com
Tue Jan 13 12:35:28 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 02:46, Peter Whysall wrote:
> It must be noted, however, that safe NTFS r/w support is very limited;
> my understanding is that the new, safe NTFS code can write to NTFS, but
> only within existing files. The old code, which can write all over the
> place, is highly unsafe and is likely to make your NTFS volume very
> angry.

OK, not 100% 1337, but captive allows safe r/w NTFS.
http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/ under Linux.

-tduffy

--
The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and
to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting.