[linux-elitists] Introducing Myself

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller@columbus.rr.com
Mon Jan 12 14:03:03 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 05:51:24PM -0800, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
>I bet you dictionary.com uses Mirriam-Webster's

No, dictionary.com (or if we're going to be pedantic,
http://dictionary.reference.com/ , even though, like some hapless
dot-bomb leftover, the page titles still say "Dictionary.com") doesn't.
However, it *does* have the minor, if not infinitesimal, thrill of
finding out whether WordNet's example usages for a given word will use
the actual word or not.
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller@columbus.rr.com> "You shouldn't trust _any_
software. Software is _at best_ a faithful but bumbling zombie servant