[linux-elitists] Does GNOME die?

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Fri Jan 9 14:09:24 PST 2004

Anyone have a problem with, or know of a problem with, GNOME killing X,
with no warning, just *bam* there you are staring at the console and
wondering wtf happened?

I have had it happen twice in the last 24 hours. Very annoying. No idea
what caused it, kdm restarted normally, and I could log right back in,
if I'd been using rxvt's with screen, I wouldn't have lost any data at
all, but with the screen+Gnome-terminal problem, and my attempt to be as
"Gnomish" as possible for this time, I lost some.

I am running Kernel 2.6.0, with XFree4.2, and GNOME whatever, actually,
GNOME and XFree are bone stock current Sid, as is virtually everything
else bar the kernel.

Back in WindowMaker for now.

I've noticed that when a new policy mentions me by name,
it's never a good thing.