[linux-elitists] GNOME report.

Adam Kessel adam@bostoncoop.net
Fri Jan 9 06:42:20 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 12:06:20AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:22:23AM -0800, Nathaniel Smith (njs@pobox.com) wrote:
> The defaults can be changed via 'update-alternatives'.  RTFM for more
> info.

Although I've discovered that installing previously uninstalled packages
within the alternatives system will override a manually set alternative.
This often happens with x-terminal-emulator. I haven't been able to find
anyway for a manually set alternative to remain in place when the newly
installed package has a higher priority than the one selected in
alternatives.

--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam