[linux-elitists] you < GNOME

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Thu Jan 8 18:32:46 PST 2004

On 08-Jan-2004, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> I'm not sure which I like least, the "I don't like the attitudes of
> GNOME developers I've never met" or the "I RAN TEH GUNOME AND I AM
> PERSONALLY OFFENDED BY THE ROUNDED CORNERS AND I CAN'T GET
> APPLICATIONS TO STORE PROGRAM DATA IN THE WINDOW MANAGER PIXMAP AREAS
> ANYMORE!!!!!" bullshit.  You kids are really *straining* to find stuff
> you don't like, and you're always so taken aback when Jeff Weff says
> "Oh yeah, that's a bug!"

I run GNOME.  I don't like the attitudes of several (outspoken) GNOME
developers.  I don't like rounded corners.  Some things that I liked in
previous versions have broken, and I don't like that.  Jeff Weff gives
me the irrits regularly.

I still like GNOME and the direction it's going, and continue to run it.

Perhaps this viewpoint isn't notable enough to be said often, which is
why you don't hear it too much in the seemingly-interminable GNOME
threads on this list -- I don't have much to say on the topic that isn't
noise.

The viewpoints you seem to prefer on this topic are the very ones you're
not likely to hear so much.

--
 \      "If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly |
  `\                   owned if it is not shared."  -- Saint Augustine |