[linux-elitists] WindowManagers

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Jan 8 17:34:57 PST 2004

<quote who="Jim Richardson">

> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:06:05AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> ><quote who="Tom Duffy">
> >
> >>gtkhtml2, gtkhtml3 (for evo), gecko (mozilla, epiphany, etc.),
> >>openoffice.org has one too
> >>
> >>what am I missing?
> >
> >None! You win the prize!
>
> What about libgtkxmhtml1?

Ah, I was only talking about 2.x GNOME ones. libgtkxmhtml1 is gtkhtml1 in
Debian-speak - it was the GTK+ 1.x version of gtkhtml3; gtkhtml2 is a
totally different codebase that was at one point going to replace gtkhtml1,
but it didn't have editing, which the Evo dudes need, so they had to port
gtkhtml1 when they ported Evo to GTK+ 2.x; that became gtkhtml3. gtkhtml2 is
the only one that has css/dom/a11y support. :-)

Yes, this is crazy.

- Jeff

  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
   it as good as the Macintosh.  To try to be like Windows is to try for
                      second-best." - Richard Stallman