[linux-elitists] BASIC interpreters

Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz lrgallardo@interservice.net
Thu Jan 8 16:19:29 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 08:30:27PM -0500, Modus Operandi wrote:
>   This thread is giving me Commodore 64 nostalgia.
> richmond:~# apt-cache search "basic interpreter"
> bwbasic - Bywater BASIC Interpreter
> yabasic - Yet Another BASIC interpreter

And the description reads
 Implements the most common (and simple) elements of the language plus
 some graphics facilities.  Anyone who has ever written BASIC programs
 on a C-64 should feel at home.

You could also try frodo[1], a C-64 emulator. I actually have that in my
Zire71. Now I only have to find out how to transfer the GEOS disks to
it. Anyone has an idea on how to read a 1541 disk in a PC? Or how to
build a cable to conect both machines?

I've sometimes thought it'd be fun to try to make a cable from the
C-64's serial port (the one used for disks and printers) to a port on
the PC, then make the PC act as if it was a 1541. Or a 1571. Or maybe
even the 1581 I could never afford.

[1] http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/FRMain.html

--
Rodrigo Gallardo