[linux-elitists] WindowManagers

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Thu Jan 8 11:34:07 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 06:23:05AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
><quote who="Jim Richardson">
>
>> Galeon now lacks sessions, in a choice between sessions, and
>> smartbookmarklets, sessions won.
>>
>> I liked Galeon Pre about 1.2.7 or thereabouts. Frankly, it's not the same
>> thing anymore. It changed, and it wasn't an improvement.
>
>It's all coming back, supposedly. The current Galeon maintainers are rather
>attached to the 1.2.x vision of Galeon. Galeon does sessions in that you can
>quit and save your session, or it will restore if it crashes.

Going back to the feature set from 1.2 would be nice, I may check it out
in the not to distant future.

Meanwhile, I am looking for some solution to the bookmarks problem.

I want.

Something that will

let me add a bookmark easily, without typing a bunch
of stuff if I don't want to.

associate a bookmark with numerous keywords. Not just
store them in a "catagory"

work with all browsers,

Tough combination, especially the latter, although for the latter, a
simple web front end would work, if be a bit clunky.

Anyone know of something that might fit the bill? Oh, I am *not*
interested in something that stores my bookmarks on someone *elses*
server, don't even bother mentioning those.

It's so stupid of modern civilization to have given up believing in the
Devil when he is the only explanation of it.