[linux-elitists] WindowManagers

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Thu Jan 8 11:17:42 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:21:15AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
><quote who="Jim Richardson">
>
>> Something like that, what I would like, would be a std text box, you enter
>> the string and select "send to" or something, and it pushes it off to the
>> browser, packed with the URL wrapped for ebay or whatever. Like Galeon's
>> smart bookmarklets (which I miss terribly! sniff)
>
>Webeyes. :-) Oh, and Galeon still has those.

Galeon now lacks sessions, in a choice between sessions, and
smartbookmarklets, sessions won.

I liked Galeon Pre about 1.2.7 or thereabouts. Frankly, it's not the
same thing anymore. It changed, and it wasn't an improvement.

I'll check into webeyes. I though it was something like xeyes :)

>> The url mangling stuff is easy enough to do in python, pushing the python
>> stuff from the GNOME panel is where I am lost.
>
>gnome-python has excellent panel-loving stuff. But stuff exists to do this
>already.

thanks, I'll look into that too.

Linux, The choice of a GNU generation.