[linux-elitists] WindowManagers

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Thu Jan 8 00:44:57 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:26:56AM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:00:11AM -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:
>> I must admit, I was a bit appalled by Metacity and Sawfish, but those
>> are the numbers I found.
>
>I bet those are mostly gnome libraries, which are mapped into the
>process but shared with all other gnome apps (so the cost is
>amortized, quite a bit if you're running a full gnome session).  Use
>memstat(1) if you want a more nuanced view of this stuff.

Dang! another tool that looks increadibly useful, that I have never
heard of!

Thanks, each day is a new learning experience, that's what makes life
fun. (unless you learn that no, you can't fly if you leap off of the
roof and yell "up up and away!" Fortunately, I learned that at an early
age, and haven't needed that particular lesson again)

Homo sapiens isn't