[linux-elitists] WindowManagers

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox.com
Thu Jan 8 00:26:56 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:00:11AM -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:
> I must admit, I was a bit appalled by Metacity and Sawfish, but those
> are the numbers I found.

I bet those are mostly gnome libraries, which are mapped into the
process but shared with all other gnome apps (so the cost is
amortized, quite a bit if you're running a full gnome session).  Use
memstat(1) if you want a more nuanced view of this stuff.

-- Nathaniel

--
When the flush of a new-born sun fell first on Eden's green and gold,
Our father Adam sat under the Tree and scratched with a stick in the mould;