[linux-elitists] sarge

Modus Operandi modus@as220.org
Wed Jan 7 23:59:20 PST 2004

In the immortal words of Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz <lrgallardo@interservice.net>:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:15:44PM -0500, Modus Operandi wrote:
> >   mplayer is giving me trouble, but there's nothing new about that ...
> >   I've gotten it to work on my home system with Mandrake, using urpmi,
> >   but I've never successfully apt-get installed it or built it from
> >   source. Anybody else have mplayer / debian experience? (Yes, I did add
> >   marillat.free.fr to my sources -- tell me something I don't know.)
>
> What worked for me was to download mplayer sources, then build the
> .deb from those and install it manually. The sources include the
> debian/rules needed.

Thanks, Rodrigo -- I actually found excellent instructions for building
debian packages from source ... in the official mplayer documentation:

	http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/install.html#id2836194

Imagine that! It was in the documentation all along, even before I asked
that question on linux-elitists. Not very 31337 of me. *modus ducks*

I haven't built it yet, but the correct docs are half the battle.

--
/home/modus/.signature

P.S. Rick Moen!