[linux-elitists] Introducing Myself

David Deaves David.Deaves@dd.id.au
Wed Jan 7 19:01:00 PST 2004

> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:29:34PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
> That was an artifact of the days when you either were a hobbyist or an
> IBM type, the hobbyists used an awful lot of BASIC, and so the vendors
> of hobbyist type machines felt providing one in ROM would be a
> competitive feature.

I thought it was more of an artifact of the Floppy disk being an "Option".

The original IBM-PC (and I think the XT also) had a cassette interface.
Ahh, the days when being elite meant being able to guess the baudrate
by listening to the tape.

Dave !

--
David Deaves	<David.Deaves@dd.id.au>		+61 413 003 552
"Luck is the residue of design"   -   Branch Rickey