[linux-elitists] Fwd: [Galeon-user] Running multiple Galeons with different configurations?]

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Wed Jan 7 18:01:36 PST 2004

> ----- Forwarded message from Lars Clausen <lc@statsbiblioteket.dk> -----
> I'm doing web archiving, and want to be able to check if the archived
> version of a site is the same as the original.  To that end, I'd like to
> be able to have one instance of Galeon that uses a proxy (which serves
> archived pages) and another that has a direct connection.  However, the
> centralized gconf thingy seems to prohibit this.  Is there a way to have
> multiple configurations at the same time, or must I use a different
> browser for this?

	I wonder if the relevant environment variables would have
their required effect.  I think they're $http_proxy and $https_proxy,
but I could be way wrong.  I just remember doing a lot of
"http_proxy=192.168.0.1 sudo apt-get update..." type stuff when my
laptop was stuck in an air-gap network.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end